In Depth Realisation And Cognition
Centre for Teaching Thinking and Talent Development established by Abu Dhabi Educational Zone in 1999.
Bring Minds to Innovation
Raise generations of creative, innovative and thoughtful people capable of leading a better life.
- Help students to build a well-rounded personality.
- Spread constructive thinking in education.
- Develop talents.
- Develop creative and innovative abilities.
- Train teachers to motivate and stimulate students thinking and creativity.
- Establish interaction between society and the education process that is based on research, thinking and innovation
- Educational programs
- Online courses
- Thinking products
- Thinking clubs
- Studies and research
- Translation of leading books
- Monthly Newsletter
We will gladly come out to your school and help you turn your school into a �Thinking' school. Schools of the future must be made to not only educate students but also to teach thinking and creativity to lead to a generation of innovators.
We have been teaching CoRT in several schools in Abu Dhabi since 1999. The Abu Dhabi Educational Zone has recognised CoRT as an important subject to be taught in the Model schools. CoRT has managed to spread to Saudi Arabia and Jordan. Schools in each of these countries have begun to implement CoRT under the supervision of IDRAC and Peter de Bono..
The centre has been providing teacher workshops for all schools interested in teaching CoRT. So far we have trained over 1000 teachers and taught over 3000 students. We thank Peter de Bono for his full help and support.
Also, we have undertaken many projects regarding CoRT, like:
- Thinking Kindergarten:
It is our responsibility to develop generations in their early years, more specifically, in their kindergarten years. We have to improve and push them to think better to meet the needs of today's information age. Out of this grave responsibility came the idea of developing and implementing Thinking Kindergarten, a simplified CoRT to kindergarten students.
What teachers had to say after implementing thinking kindergarten training package advantages include:
- Helps in bringing out creativity in student's answers.
- Helps in using thinking skills in every aspect of our lives.
- Develops thinking in the right way.
- Helps us to develop new learning techniques.
- Thinking Clubs:
We are establishing thinking clubs in the schools.
- Also, direct enjoyment of learning thinking like any other hobby you might enjoy.
- A reason to meet other people and become friends. Thinking is a positive way to interact with others.
- Learn thinking skills
- Practice thinking skills
- Implement thinking skills on different projects
- Implement thinking skills in personal lives.
- Think and discuss important issues
Note: The activities will depend on the age and participation of the students involved. For example, younger students will focus on learning and practising the thinking skills while older students will focus on doing projects that involve implementing the skills. Older students who have practised enough of implementation and are very comfortable with the skills can move on to discuss important issues of the world.
Students who were involved in CoRT lessons will participate in solving real social problems using their CoRT skills. Companies will present their problems to the students to work on them to find solutions. In this way students will learn how to use their skills meaningfully.
Online thinking Course: IDRAC will be offering thinking course in Arabic to anyone who is interested through our website.
IDRAC.org intends to be the focal and reference point for the entire arabic-speaking world. It will link and connect all the communities interested in the �thinking' subject.
Website Address: www.idrac.org
(Note: All materials and programmes developed around Edward de Bono's work will have been approved by or on behalf of Edward de Bono)