Please print and fax to +44 1865 554027 or post to Cavendish Information Products Ltd, 10 Cavendish Road, Oxford OX2 7TW, UK - thank you.
Effective Thinking Course - Part 2
- This agreement covers the delivery and servicing of Part 2 (Thinking Situations) of the Effective Thinking course, created by Edward de Bono, (the course) an on-line distance learning course by:
Cavendish Information Products Ltd, 10 Cavendish Road, Oxford OX2 7TW, UK (the provider) and
The participant agrees:
- to be adequately prepared to take this part of the course by having successfully completed Part 1 of the Effective Thinking Course or it equivalent.
- to respect the copyright and ownership of the material of the course and to use the course solely for his/her own purpose, his/her family or his/her think club and not to copy or divulge the contents of the course to any unauthorised person whatsoever. The participant may print out the course material for his/her own use.
- to pay the provider GBP 200.00 for the provision and servicing of the course and the provider agrees not to take any benefit from this payment until after the first section of the course has been delivered to the participant by email and the participant has submitted his/her response to the first exercise within this section such submission to be made within 28 days of the delivery of the section otherwise this agreement will lapse.
- that once benefit has been taken by the provider there will be no refunds given by the provider.
- to complete the course within six calendar months of the date of delivery of the first section of the course. If the participant wishes to extend the period for completion of the course beyond six months the provider at its discretion will be entitled to request additional payment for any time extension that may be granted.
- to work on all the exercises, and in the right sequence, given in the course in a diligent and scholarly manner within any given restrictions and to submit the answers in the form requested in the text of the course material.
- to keep the provider informed of any changes in his/her address and email address and to inform the provider if any expected response has not been received within 48 (forty eight) hours.
- To accept the comments and advice of the tutors without argument.
The provider agrees:
- to enrol the participant for the course and to deliver the first section of the course to the participant by email within seven days of the enrolment having been finalised and the irrevocable credit of �170 (one hundred and seventy pounds sterling) having been received.
- to take the credit only after the participant has submitted a response to the first exercise of the first section.
- to send the participant a sample answer for every exercise submitted within 24 (twenty four) hours of the submission of an exercise.
- to send the participant the next section of the course where appropriate within 24 (twenty four) hours of the submission of the last exercise in any section.
- to have experienced tutors assess, comment and award a mark on the answers to tutor assessed exercises submitted by participants and have these comments sent to the participants within 5 days of the receipt of the submissions from the participant.
- to aggregate the marks awarded by the tutors and to award a competency certificate if the aggregated marks are 50 per cent or greater or, if the aggregate is less than 50 per cent but greater than 44 per cent, to assess the self-assessed exercises to examine whether additional marks may be appropriately awarded.
- to provide the participant with a maximum of 3 (three) additional tutor assessed tests, each carrying a maximum of 5 marks, free of charge, should the participant obtain insufficient marks to obtain a certificate of competence once self assessed tests have been evaluated.
- to provide the participant with reasonable support in matters relating to the course and the conduct of the course.
It is mutually agreed:
- Irrespective of the provisions of this agreement that the laws of England will prevail in any matter that may arise between the provider and the participant.
Signed: Signed: (the participant)��������.
Peter de Bono ����������..
For and on behalf of
Cavendish Information Products Ltd