EDWARD DE BONO MILLENNIUM CONFERENCE
Membership & Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions for the conduct of the Edward de Bono Millennium Conference and registration for membership. It will be assumed that all those requesting membership of the Millennium Conference agree to these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may be altered from time to time for the sake of additional clarification.
The Edward de Bono Millennium Conference is open to all who wish to take part. It is being organised on an International basis.
The conference takes place within the Conferencing System of the Edward de Bono Creative Team. However, as this System is restricted to certain character sets provision will be made for the inclusion of other languages directly through the websites using an appropriate email for communication. Inter-language translations of summaries of contributions will be posted on the Conferencing System and, where appropriate, on the websites. The administrators of the Millenium Conference will provide assistance in the use of the Conference System (some details will be sent on acceptance of registration).
The Conference will continue till the year 2000 although individual tasks may be terminated prior to this date by giving notice within the Conference System and on the websites. The fees payable are for the duration of the Millenium Conference.
Members of the Edward de Bono Creative Team who have registered before the 15th June 1998 will be considered to be full members of the Millennium Conference with participation in all areas subject to the renewal of membership during the lifetime of the Millennium Conference. This does not apply to Visitor status to the Creative Team. This concession does not apply to Members of the Creative Team who register after 15th June 1998. Membership of the Edward de Bono Creative Team is not automatic on registration for the Millenium Conference.
There are three categories of membership with corresponding membership fees:
- Contributors: These members must show active contribution. This status will be lost if there are no contributions or if contributions are weak - over a period of three months from the date of registration. This status does not confer the right to criticise other contributions. In the case of loss of status there will be no refund of the fee payable and the decision of the Administrators of the Conference will be final.
- Observers: These members will have access to view all that is going on in the Conferencing System relating to the Millenium Conference. They do not need to contribute but will be free to do so if they wish. This means that their status will not be withdrawn if they do not contribute or that their contributions are considered weak.
- Critics: This level confers the right to contribute, to observe and to make constructive criticisms of other contributions. Such criticisms will only be published if they show merit.
The decision of the administrators of the Millenium Conference will be final with respect to the assessment of contributions. In the case of Contributor and Critics members, using the conference system, will be able to post directly it which case the administrators have the right to delete inappropriate postings. The assessment of contributions and criticisms using alternative methods to the conferencing system will have their contributions assessed prior to publication.
- Contributors: GBP 12.50 (equivalent approximately of USD 20.00)
- Observers: GBP 18.50 (equivalent approximately of USD 30.00)
- Critics: GBP 25.00 (equivalent approximately of USD 40.00)
Payment of fees may be made by UK Cheque, Intenational Money Order, VISA or Mastercard.
Please note that in the case of countries where currency exchange regulations prohibit the payment of external fees the administrators of the Millenium Conference will be able to suggest alternative evidence of commitment and if appropriate to allocate sponsorship. Application should be made in the first place to email@example.com subject: 'Millenium Sponsorship'.
Contributors and Critics:
Contributors and Critics (and Observers if they wish to contribute) will be required to 'sign - in' to a special area of the conferencing system. Those not using the conferecing system will 'sign-in' using an email. Full details will be given on the acceptance of a member's registration.
Aliases: Normally a member of the Millenium Conference will be required to be identified. However, there may be reasons whereby a member does not want to make his/her identity known to the public in which case the member can select an 'alias' to be used at 'sign-in' in which case they will not be allowed to enter biographical information. The identity of persons using an 'alias' will be known only to the Chief Administrator of the Conference and held in confidence. Copyrights: Any publication of contributions and criticisms will be the copyright of the contributor (by name) and the Edward de Bono Creative Team. In the case of members using an 'alias' the copyright ascription will be 'The Author' and the Edward de Bono Creative Team. Membership Registration Form
Messages and Tasks by Edward de Bono