The Six Thinking Hats for Schools CD
The Six Thinking Hats Lessons for Schools CD is intended for Schools, Thinking Clubs, families and individuals - the lessons are not really suitable for commercial organisations. The CD incorporates the excellent material from the resource books available from APTT. The lessons have been designed for Grades K - 2 (ages 5 - 7), 3 - 5 (ages 8 - 10), 6 - 8 (ages 11 - 14), 9 - 12 (ages 15 - 18) and Adult Teachers. Each of the sets of lessonss consists of Trainer/Teacher notes and associated excercises for each of the Hats. The more senior courses contain trainer/teacher notes on the teaching of sequences and associated activities - they also contain very useful sample applications.
The Six Thinking Hats Lesson for Schools CD also contains a computer version of Edward de Bono's 3 Spot Game and an excellent Six Hats screen saver. A video clip taken from the Six Hats Thing Lessons for Schools video (also available) has been placed on the CD.
The production of this CD, like the CoRT CD, is part of a worldwide initiative to make the lessons available, through translation, globally. This CD does not replace the printed material that remains available, however, the CD does offer the opportunity for local adaption to suit local requirements. The illustrations as .bmp and .gif files are available on the CD.
The material has been recorded on a CD-R. The material on the CD is recorded in the following formats: Word 97, Adobe Portable File Format (.pdf), Rich Text Format and HTML. Acroread for the .pdf files is available from www.adobe.com as a downloadable file on the internet. The video clip (.avi format) requires the appropriate hardware/software to run. The 3 Spot Game is compatible with Netscape and Microsoft Explorer. Although developed for an IBM compatible PC the CD is relatively compatible with a Macintosh platform - although problems will be found with the 3 Spot Game and the screen saver.
The price of the CD is GBP25.00 - the price includes handling, postage and packaging (Approx exchange rate GBP 1 = USD 1.6). There is automatic registration of the purchaser for support purposes (if the CD is purchased as a gift then the registration can be transferred to the recipient). Bulk discounts (10 and over) are available (email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Six Hats CD Discounts and state your requirements).
It is a condition of purchase that the following summarised conditions are implicitly agreed by the purchaser or any user of the CD:
- That all copyrights are respected.
- The purchaser may copy the contents of this CD onto a computer for the purpose of altering examples, practice items and similar data and for the purpose of printing the information in an appropriate format.
- The CD is for the sole use of a single registered person unless permission is granted by the publisher for use of the CD by a group.
- The CD should not be sold or lent to any other person without the agreement of the publisher.
- Printed information from the CD may be photo-copied for use by the user without restriction provided no payment is received by the user in this respect.
- No material or information contained on the CD may be copied and incorporated into any other material whatsoever without the agreement and validation by the publisher. Such material is covered by intellectual copyright. No altered or adapted material may be offered for sale or offered as the work of the original authors.
- Any support offered by the publisher is at the discretion of the publisher and the rights of the purchaser will not be affected.
- The publisher shall not be liable for any injury to any person as a result of the use of this CD. The publisher shall not be responsible for the malfunction of any computer or related damage to any equipment as a result of the use of this CD.