The concepts and techniques have been developed by Edward de Bono over the last twenty years. It has been tested and re-tested. The claims that can be made for DATT can be fully substantiated. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people have already had their lives enhanced by these concepts.
Reduce Life's Frustrations with DATT
MAKE PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING EASIER
The 10 simple DATT Thinking strategies will enable you to direct your thinking energy in a powerful, managed approach to get pertinent information and take appropriate action.
DATT gives you 10 simple, focused strategies for sharpening your perception and directing your thinking in a more comprehensive, effective and efficient way.
DATT will enable you to have a viewpoint that is broad and inclusive. It will improve your ability to consider the consequences before you take action.
DATT tools create a framework for defining your personal and professional priorities and for making your thinking serve your values.
DATT tools are quick to learn and can be used in virtually all activities, they work equally well with a diverse group that wants action and needs quick movement - they become a second nature.
Life is an interminable string of problems and decision making. Some important, some trivial but all exhausting. DATT has tools to make life easier.
DATT is like 'software for the mind' - the strategies like icons that can be activated by 'clicking 'on them. Perhaps the icon for OPV (Other Peoples Views) could be a picture of a head with big ears and no mouth to remind us to listen more than talk.
DATT is for everybody at every age
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
Look ahead to see the consequences of some action, plan, decision or rule - Tool 1: Consequences and Sequels
Ensure that all sides of a matter have been considered before a decision or commitment is made - Tool 2: Plus, Minus, Interesting
Break a larger concept into smaller, more manageable parts - Tool 3: Recognise, Analyse, Divide
Explore all factors related to an action, decision or plan - Tool 4: Consider All Factors
Focus directly and deliberately on the intention behind actions - Tool 5: Aims, Goals, Objectives
Deliberately try to find alternatives - Tool 6: Alternatives, Possibilities, Choices
Look at other people's viewpoints - Tool 7: Other People's Views
Ensure that out thinking serves our values - Tool 8: Key Values Involved
Select the most important ideas, factors, objectives - Tool 9: First Important Priorities
Direct attention to the outcome of the thinking and action that follows - Tool 10: Design, Decisions, Outcome, Channels, Action
THE BENEFITS OF DATT
- What is DATT (Direct Attention Thinking Tools)?
- Ten tools that will help you consistently make good decisions and solve problems
- An aid to thinking. The tools make thinking more deliberate, more structured, more organised - more effective. They are designed to be simple and usable. Simple tools, used effectively, can be powerful.
- DATT is 'software of the mind'. Once you have been trained, you can use the 10 tools to eliminate some of the frustrations from your life.
- A success formula - a powerful managed framework for thinking that creates success in the workplace and at home.
- How can DATT help you and others?
- Studies have proven that when people are specifically asked to use DATT thinking tools, their thinking dramatically improves (by as much as 300%)
- You can avoid impulsive behaviour and snap judgments by utilising tools that give you broad, wise views.
- The professional success you attain will be attributed to your decision making and idea-generating skills. These skills may already be strong, but after DATT training they will be consistently stronger.
- It gives you software for the mind that creates constructive thinking.
- It improves your ability to consider consequences before taking action.
- DATT tools create a framework for defining a situation, making a decision and taking action.
- The tools will help you....do your job well....contribute to team efforts.....show that you and your skills merit promotion and increased responsibility.....be confident....enjoy life more.
- DATT will help you avoid bad decisions. Our current thinking is usually not wrong; it simply is not targeted as well as it could be.
- Why do we need to develop thinking skills?
- Our modern lives, both business and personal, are very fast paced and full of action. We often confuse action with accomplishment and frequently jump to action without adequate thinking.
- If you tend to take action and then see what happens - if it is good, you keep going: if it is bad, you stop or clean up the mess you have created - then DATT can help you. Although this strategy is better than doing nothing at all, it is inefficient, and usually the pain or mistake rate is high and possibly permanently damaging.
- Opinions and existing mind-sets powerfully drive our thinking, choices and actions. We need tools and levers to allow ourselves to explore areas outside our self imposed standards and ideas.
- Why does DATT work?
- DATT is based on a fundamental understanding of how the brain handles information. The methods you will learn are simple and practical. 'Power simplicity' is the key characteristic of DATT
- In life things are not neatly put in front of you for you to help yourself. You have to go out and get information, you design a plan, and you take action. You have to direct your mental attention to those factors that matter most
- How does DATT give you an invisible advantage?
- It is how you look at a decision or problem that will determine the degree of your success.
- You become an effective solution finder at work and at home.
- How will I know which tool to use?
- A carpenter buys a set of tools: hammer, saw, chisels, plane, drill, etc. Each of these tools is carefully designed to carry out a specific function. The carpenter becomes familiar with the tools and learns how to use them effectively. You will become a thinking craftsman. You will learn how and when to use the 10 DATT tools effectively.
- In general, the use of the tools can be classified as:
- Evaluation Tools
- Exploration Tools
- Value Tools
- Action Tools
- How can DATT help your organisation?
- DATT can help you plan, design, re-engineer and continually improve. It can help you solve problems, manage quality, build teams, empower people, integrate systems, add value to customers and create or re-structure products and systems. Using DATT, your decisions will be effective and innovative in the least amount of time. That is what is called 'results'.
- How will DATT help you?
- You will outperform others because you know "How To".
- You will be a strong, confident decision maker.
- You will quickly and accurately weigh risks against rewards.
- You will consistently "make the right call".
- You will think clearly with great focus about the right thing.
- You will reach optimum solutions quicker than ever before.
- You will uncover the hidden opportunities in "problems".
- Use "what if" thinking to avoid costly mistakes.
- You will look beyond the boundaries of self-limiting perspectives
- You will remove obstacles with simple solutions
- You will take a fresh look at options
- You will be a visionary
- You will thoroughly judge a situation.
- You will assess all angles of the big picture before making a decision
- You will produce answers that inspire